We would like to extend a very warm welcome to all our new members that have joined since we reopened on 18th of May. It is great to see so many new faces and we hope you enjoy your golf at Dungarvan Golf Club. By now, all new members will have received their GUI Numbers and information on how to register with our BRS Online booking system. We also emailed out our New Member Welcome Pack which contains lots of useful information on the club.
Golf is going really well with everyone enjoying themselves. It is wonderful to see the timesheets filled from 8.30am to 7.30pm every day since we re-opened.
We wish to thank all our members who continue to comply with all the Covid-19 guidelines and a big thank you to our members who volunteer their time as Marshals. We have so many committed volunteers on the course every day from 8.30am each morning until 9.30pm at night ensuring everything runs smoothly.
We are all looking forward to playing competitions on 29th June when we move to the next phase of easing of restrictions by the Government.
The Timesheet will remain the same with Fourballs every 14 minutes for Casual Golf. Members may continue to bring one guest but must supply contact details when booking the Teetime. Please contact the Pro-Shop or Office with Guests details.
The Golf timesheet will now open at Midnight on Tuesday 16th June on BRS and each Tuesday there after until further notice. We are also extending the timesheet to 20.10pm (10 past eight) from Monday 22nd June to allow members to play a few late holes.The Practice Ground Timesheet will be extended from 30 minute to 60 minute duration from Monday 15th June, please book in the Pro Shop. We have put distance measurements on the reverse side of our markers to help members with shot lengths.
The GUI have agreed to run a number of All Ireland competitions on the basis of the Phase 3 Government Road Map going ahead. We have five teams entered and we would like to wish them well. Fingers crossed we can get back to competition golf in Phase 3.
Dates for your Calendar: Captain’s Scramble – 8th JulyCaptain’s Weekend (Dave Byrne) – 10th, 11th and 12th July Captain’s Weekend (Mary Power) – 1st and 2nd AugustOpen Fortnight – 13th to 26th July.
Our Summer Special Rate has been very popular and we continue to accept new members at present. Please email the office firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Payments are taken over the phone by calling 058 43310 Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm. Our Summer Rate is €200 (plus GUI/ILGU Levy).
Covid 19 Rules
Members are asked to note the following;
1. If you are ill or have symptoms, Stay at Home.
2. Physical distancing must be observed at all times
3. Time Sheet;
· Members only allowed play as per the time sheet
· Tee times must be booked online or by ‘phone
· Tee times available from 8.30am to 7.30pm each day
· All names must be on the time sheet, (to assist with Contact Tracing ) ONE GUEST PER MEMBER.
· Juniors may only play with an adult
· Time sheet available a week in advance from the prior Tuesday at 12 noon
4. Playing Golf;
· Players should turn up no more than 15 minutes before time booked
· Sign in at the pro shop 5 minutes before tee time.
(Record has to be kept for 6 weeks for contact tracing)
· No social gathering of any size
· No touching flags as there will be a system in place for retrieving balls
· No rakes in bunkers so smooth with club or foot before leaving
· Ball washers, bins, seats will not be in use
· Buggies may be used but only by one person
· If a ball is lost, there should be no going back to replay.
5. After Your Round;
· Return directly to your car to change and leave as soon as possible
· Do not store your equipment in your locker
· Avoid entering the clubhouse. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to health and safety guidelines
· The gates to the golf club will be locked each evening at 9.30pm, until the end of June.
RECIPROCAL GREEN FEE ARRANGEMENT WITH WEST WATERFORD AND GOLD COAST GOLF CLUBS
Just a reminder to members that for many years now, all three golf clubs in Dungarvan have operated a reciprocal arrangement where Monday – Friday, members of Dungarvan Golf Club can play Gold Coast & West Waterford (or vice versa) for a reduced Green Fee. This Green Fee is now €15. This does not apply to weekends or for competitions and is valid again when DGC is open for visitors.
Website by Merino Web Services