Golf at Dungarvan Golf Club is going great with busy timesheets each day and everyone enjoying themselves. Our Marshals are continuing to ensure everything runs smoothly each morning until night and we thank them for giving up their time to volunteer each day since we reopened.
We wish to thank all our members who comply with all the Covid-19 guidelines and we ask everyone to please continue to do so. Please observe the social distancing guidelines on the course and with your fellow golfers. At present one person is allowed in our Pro Shop to sign in at a time, for the safety of our staff and members we ask you to adhere to these guidelines.
For all our new members, we welcome you to Dungarvan Golf Club and we hope you are enjoying your golf. Our Summer Rate continues to be popular and it is great to see so many new faces about! Can we remind everyone that the golf club gates close at 9.30pm each night (until the end of June). While the clubhouse may be closed for access at present the office is open and if you have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 058-43310.
The Timesheet will remain the same this week with Fourballs every 14 minutes for Casual Golf. Members may continue to bring one guest but must supply contact details when booking the Teetime. Please contact the Pro-Shop or Office with Guests details.
The Golf timesheet opens at Midnight on Tuesdays on BRS and each Tuesday there after until further notice. We have extended the timesheet to 20.10pm (10 past eight) from Monday 22nd June to allow members to play a few late holes.The Practice Ground Timesheet is extended to a 60 minute duration, please book in the Pro Shop.
We are all looking forward to playing competitions from 29th June when we move to the next phase of easing of restrictions by the Government, subject to G.U.I protocols.
Gents Fixtures – subject to GUI protocols from 29th June to 5th July
Monday 29/6 18H Ladies/Gents S/F
Wednesday 1/7 9H Gents front 9 S/F
Thursday 2/7 18H Gents Spar qualifier S/F
Friday 3/7 Casual Golf
Saturday 4/7 18H Gents David Hayes M/M Stroke
Sunday 5/7 18H Gents P.I. Power Cup Stroke
Ladies Fixtures – from 29th June
Tuesday 30/6 GOY Ladies 18H Stroke/ 9H GIG
Friday 3/7 Ladies 18H S/F
Sat 4/7 Ladies 18H S/F Home Alliance Captains Day
Dates for your Calendar:We have a very busy calendar of events coming up in the club.
Our Captain’s Scramble takes place on Wednesday 8th July.Our Captain’s Weekend (Dave Byrne) takes place from Friday 10th to Sunday 12th July.
We are delighted to hold our Open Fortnight from Monday 13th July to 26th July and we thank all our generous sponsors.
Our Captain’s Weekend (Mary Power) takes place on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of August
Our President’s Prize Weekend (Tom McCabe) will take place from Friday 14th to Sunday 16th August. More details on all these to follow.
Our Summer Special Rate has been very popular and we continue to accept new members at present. Please email the office email@example.com to request an application form. Payments are taken over the phone by calling 058 43310 Monday – Friday 9am – 1pm. Our Summer Rate is €200 (plus GUI/ILGU Levy).
Reminder of Covid 19 Rules:
Members are asked to note the following;
1. If you are ill or have symptoms, Stay at Home.
2. Physical distancing must be observed at all times
3. Time Sheet
· Members only allowed play as per the time sheet
· Tee times must be booked online or by ‘phone
· Tee times available from 8.30am to 8.10pm each day
· All names must be on the time sheet, (to assist with Contact Tracing) ONE GUEST PER MEMBER.
· Juniors may only play with an adult
· Time sheet available a week in advance from the prior Tuesday at 12 midnight
4. Playing Golf
· Players should turn up no more than 15 minutes before time booked
· Sign in at the pro shop 5 minutes before tee time.
(Record has to be kept for 6 weeks for contact tracing)
· No social gathering of any size
· No touching flags as there will be a system in place for retrieving balls
· No rakes in bunkers so smooth with club or foot before leaving
· Ball washers, bins, seats will not be in use
· Buggies may be used but only by one person
· If a ball is lost, there should be no going back to replay.
5. After Your Round;
· Return directly to your car to change and leave as soon as possible
· Do not store your equipment in your locker
· Avoid entering the clubhouse. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to health and safety guidelines
· The gates to the golf club will be locked each evening at 9.30pm, until the end of June.
Website by Merino Web Services