We were delighted to finally be able to return to the fairways on Monday. It was great to see so many of our members out on the course enjoying themselves and their much-loved game of golf. Our course is in wonderful condition and thank you to our course staff who have been busy over the lockdown preparing for our long awaited return to golf. We would like to thank all our members for complying with the return to golf protocol and ensuring everyone stays safe.
We have monitored the timesheet for this week and have made changes for next week. We will be running 18 holes from Monday 3rd May. Unfortunately, we are confined to the only two household rule so it’s still two balls only.
Our time sheet will go live each Monday at 18.40 pm until further notice. This will enable us to make changes as soon as government restrictions change.
RETURN TO GOLF REGULATIONS
Given the seriousness of the public health situation, the Government has put some limitations on the initial phase of re-opening, and all members must comply with these regulations. Please make yourself familiar with the full ‘Return to Golf’ protocols on the Golf Ireland website. www.golfireland.ie
We must adhere to following: • The course is open to members only, travelling from within the county, and all tee times must be booked on line or by phoning the Pro Shop. All names have to be recorded on the time sheet for contact tracing purposes.
• Persons from two households only may play together, therefore the time sheet will be set in 2 balls. If you would like to add a member of your household to create a 3 ball then you must phone the Pro Shop.
• There will no competitions as it’s casual play only. (No handicap qualifying activities will be permitted for now except for those new members putting in cards to obtain a handicap for the first time).
• When arriving at the club please maintain physical distancing at all times. Follow the one-way system to the Pro Shop from the locker room side of the Club House, Check in at the Pro Shop before playing and don’t forget your mask!
• The Clubhouse is closed but there will be access to the toilets in the locker rooms. Tom Daly Catering will be open for take away only.
• There must be no gathering together in groups to socialise.
• Members must stay away from the club if they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms.
• When on the course there should be no touching of flag poles or raking the bunkers, but level the sand with your feet or club. A local rule of placing no more than 6 inches in the bunker will apply.
• There can be no sharing of buggies except persons from the same household.
• The practice area will be open but slots must be booked in advance through the Pro Shop.
Our office hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 1pm and 2pm-5pm. Tel: 058-43310 or email is with any enquiries you might have.
NEW MEMBERSHIP RATE
We have a new membership rate for anyone interested in joining the club. Please contact the office for further details and to request a membership application form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A virtual Annual General Meeting of Dungarvan Golf Club will be held on Thursday 06th May, via zoom commencing at 7.30pm. The meeting format will be a webinar. A link will be forwarded to all Members who register for the meeting via email.Please contact the office at email@example.com or phoning 058-43310 to register. Registration to attend AGM Webinar will close on Tuesday, the 4th May @ 5pm. The Financial Statement will be available on request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days in advance of the AGM.
The 2019 minutes and proposed motions were emailed to all members via BRS on Wednesday 21st April. Any Member wishing to submit further Motions, please submit to the office by Wednesday, 28th April.
ANNUAL MASS FOR DECEASED MEMBERS
The Annual Mass for deceased members is normally celebrated in the Clubhouse
immediately prior to the AGM. However, under the circumstances, we will arrange to have Mass said for them instead.
The Pro Shop is open online for all your golf needs, please visit https://www.davidhayesgolf.com or contact David on 086-2681701 or email email@example.com.
GOLF IRELAND APP
The Golf Ireland App, which provides for pre-registration and return of general play scores, has now been launched. The App can be used at players’ Home or Away Clubs. The new App allows you to enjoy the flexibility of recording scores for handicap purposes from either 9-hole or 18-hole social rounds played in accordance with the Rules of Handicapping.
You can also view your own handicap index and playing record as well as follow and communicate with friends. To download the app, simply search for “Golf Ireland” in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and select the version with the Golf Ireland logo.
Website by Merino Web Services