Our sincerest condolences go to Joanne Fitzgerald on the passing of her father John. We extend our sympathies to Joanne, her mother Nano, sister Maura and brother Ger. Ar dheis De go raibh a anam.
RETURN TO GOLF
It has been wonderful seeing so many golfers take to the fairways over the past week since we re-opened. Our course is in wonderful condition and we thank our course staff for their hard work. We would like to thank all our members for complying with the return to golf protocol and ensuring everyone stays safe. Please familiarize yourself with the return to golf regulations below.
GOLF IRELAND UPDATE
Following Thursday’s announcement from the Irish Government, we are pleased to see further elements of our society reopening from May 10th. At the time of going to print we are awaiting an update from Golf Ireland who are engaging with the relevant Government departments in relation to further easing of restrictions on golf.
The announcements around inter-county travel, household restrictions and adult training, are positive progressions for golf clubs as we take the next step towards the full resumption of all activities. We will issue any update when we receive them from Golf Ireland to our members.
Our time sheet will go live each Monday at 18.40 pm until further notice. This will enable us to make changes as soon as government restrictions change.
RETURN TO GOLF REGULATIONS
Given the seriousness of the public health situation, the Government has put some limitations on the initial phase of re-opening, and all members must comply with these regulations. Please make yourself familiar with the full ‘Return to Golf’ protocols on the Golf Ireland website. www.golfireland.ie
We must adhere to following: • The course is open to members only, travelling from within the county, and all tee times must be booked on line or by phoning the Pro Shop. All names have to be recorded on the time sheet for contact tracing purposes.
• Persons from two households only may play together, therefore the time sheet will be set in 2 balls. If you would like to add a member of your household to create a 3 ball then you must phone the Pro Shop.
• There will no competitions as it’s casual play only. (No handicap qualifying activities will be permitted for now except for those new members putting in cards to obtain a handicap for the first time).
• When arriving at the club please maintain physical distancing at all times. Follow the one-way system to the Pro Shop from the locker room side of the Club House, Check in at the Pro Shop before playing and don’t forget your mask!
• The Clubhouse is closed but there will be access to the toilets in the locker rooms. Tom Daly Catering will be open for take away only.
• There must be no gathering together in groups to socialise.
• Members must stay away from the club if they are experiencing any COVID like symptoms.
• When on the course there should be no touching of flag poles or raking the bunkers, but level the sand with your feet or club. A local rule of placing no more than 6 inches in the bunker will apply.
• There can be no sharing of buggies except persons from the same household.
• The practice area will be open but slots must be booked in advance through the Pro Shop.
Our office hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 1pm and 2pm-5pm. Tel: 058-43310 or email is with any enquiries you might have.
NEW MEMBERS WELCOME
We have a new membership rate for anyone interested in joining the club. Please contact the office for further details and to request a membership application form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A virtual Annual General Meeting of Dungarvan Golf Club will be held on Thursday 06th May, via zoom commencing at 7.30pm. The meeting format will be a webinar. A link will be forwarded to all Members who have registered for the meeting via email. Please register for attendance before Tuesday 4th by 5pm.
ANNUAL MASS FOR DECEASED MEMBERS
The Annual Mass for deceased members is normally celebrated in the Clubhouse
immediately prior to the AGM. However, under the circumstances, we will arrange to have Mass said for them instead.
GOLF LESSONS RECOMMENCE
Following the latest Government announcements, we are delighted that Adult golf lessons can recommence from Monday 10th of May, please give our PGA Pro David Hayes a call on 058-44707 if you would like to book a lesson. Junior Golf Lessons will start on Saturday 15th May. Numbers are strictly limited to 15 so please call the PRO Shop to book in.
The Pro Shop is open online for all your golf needs, please visit https://www.davidhayesgolf.com or contact David on 058-44707 or email email@example.com.
GOLF IRELAND APP
The Golf Ireland App, which provides for pre-registration and return of general play scores, has now been launched. The App can be used at players’ Home or Away Clubs. The new App allows you to enjoy the flexibility of recording scores for handicap purposes from either 9-hole or 18-hole social rounds played in accordance with the Rules of Handicapping.
You can also view your own handicap index and playing record as well as follow and communicate with friends. To download the app, simply search for “Golf Ireland” in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and select the version with the Golf Ireland logo.
WORLD HANDICAP SYSTEM
We have had a number of enquiries regarding handicaps. If you haven’t already done so you must register on the Golf Ireland website www.golfireland.ie for your new handicap under the World Handicap System (WHS). Click on ‘My Golf Login’ and sign in. You will need your 8 Digit Golf Ireland number and pin, both can be found on your club card. You will then get your Handicap Index and can look up your Course playing handicap. You can also download the Golf Ireland App which will enable you to check your handicap for any course you play.
Website by Merino Web Services